We are available and ready to meet your financial management needs
The pandemic reminded us that during uncertain times, people want stability, especially when it comes to management of their finances.
It’s not surprising then that our over a century old trust company has seen a recent increase in inquiries from investors looking to move their business to us. We saw the same thing during the recession in 2008 and 2009—people are comfortable with us when times are tough, and for good reason. Our track record of guiding our clients through the worst of times speaks for itself.
We also want to remind you that we take the security of our clients’ accounts very seriously, and we have protocols in place to protect your private information during this time of non-traditional work environments and communications. Just a few of many examples: multi-factor authentication is required by all employees to access internal systems, files cannot be saved or transferred to local machines, and we allow no printing to local printers—only networked printers in our physical building locations.
We also have some recommendations for you, to help further ensure your financial security during this time:
- Watch for suspicious emails, texts, phone calls, and apps.
- Block suspicious phone numbers sending texts or robocalls to your mobile phone. Be cautious when downloading new apps, especially ones coming through suspicious communications.
- Don’t click on any links in suspicious emails or texts.
- Don’t send/reveal personal, financial, or username/password information in emails or texts.
- Don’t use free tools, such as free Gmail or Google Docs, for sensitive documents.
- Change your Wi-Fi network password from the default provided by your ISP or router.
- Use multi-factor authentication (MFA) for all possible applications, websites, and devices; where MFA is not available, use long unique passphrases (12+ characters) for applications and websites, and use long PINs (6+ characters) for devices.
- Update all software on devices regularly, including operating systems (e.g., Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS) and apps.
If you encounter anything suspicious or questionable, please feel free to contact us. We have an unbelievable team at Trust Point, and we are here to help.
Remember we have your best interests at heart and we embrace our long-held motto that in doing what’s best for you, we are doing what’s best for Trust Point. We’ll get through these difficult times together, and we’ll be stronger for it.