Extending Trust Point’s values of being involved in the community, Regina Sigel, Vice President and Kathy Reinolt, Relationship Manager, took part in the 32nd Annual Regional Rotary Avenues of Service Dinner held at the La Crosse Country Club on Tuesday, August 16th.
The dinner recognized individuals and area Rotary Clubs who exemplify service at the highest level in the Coulee Region while also raising funds for the Rotary Works Foundation which supports local and international charitable and educational activities.
Kathy helped recognize winning recipients from the Holmen Rotary Club. As a member of the event’s Planning Committee, Regina made sure that every detail was on point and that each attendee felt welcomed and appreciated (many of which are clients and friends of Trust Point).
It was a great opportunity to spend time with area community members.
Fun Facts: Rotary is one of the world’s largest and most-respected service organizations, bringing together business and professional leaders in order to provide community service, promote integrity, and advance goodwill, peace, and understanding. It is a non-political and non-religious organization. Membership is by invitation. There are over 46,000Rotary clubs worldwide, with a membership of 1.4 million individuals, known as Rotarians.
Rotarians you may have heard of:
- John F. Kennedy, U.S. president
- Dr. Charles H. Mayo, co-founder of Mayo Clinic
- Sir Winston Churchill, writer and prime minister of the United Kingdom
- Walt Disney, animation filmmaker
- Orville Wright, aviation pioneer
- Sir Edmund Hillary, explorer and mountaineer
- Thomas Edison, inventor
- James Cash Penney, founder of JC Penney Co.
- Guglielmo Marconi, Italian inventor of the wireless radio and Nobel laureate
- Thomas Mann, German novelist and Nobel laureate
- Manny Pacquaio, Filipino world-champion boxer and congressman
- Carlos Romulo, UN general assembly president